Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will I receive my item?
- How can I tell if my product is in stock?
- How do I track my order?
- What's the status of my order?
- Where can I have my order shipped?
- I have an APO address. How do I receive my shipment?
- Where can I find the manufacturer warranty info?
- My product is on back-order, what do I need to know?
- Can I change my address after my order is placed?
1. When will I receive my item?
If your order is received before noon Pacific Time, you can expect items specifically marked as IN STOCK on the product page to ship as follows:
- Plumbing (faucets, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, etc.): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Lighting: usually ships within 3 business days.
- Door hardware (door knobs, door levers, hinges, cabinet pulls, etc.): usually ships within 3 business days.
- Furniture: usually ships within 5 business days.
- Ventilation (bath fans, range hoods, air purifiers): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Tools (power tools, air tools, generators, etc.): usually ship within 3 business days.
- Vent pipe: usually ships within 3 business days.
During holidays, any orders received will not be processed until the next business day. Items not specifically marked as IN STOCK are either out of stock or located in a warehouse that doesn't provide a live inventory feed. If your order is time sensitive, please contact us to see if your products will ship in a suitable time frame.
2. How can I tell if my product is in stock?
On every product page, you'll see the availability status of the item. The stock status will display one of two things:
- The product is in stock with an anticipated shipping time.
- The product is out of stock.
When a product page says there's zero in stock, that doesn't necessarily mean the item is sold out or on backorder. For the most accurate and up-to-date stock status, call our product specialists at 281-501-8330.
3. How do I track my order?
- Your order can be tracked online 24/7 by logging into "My Account".
- You will receive an emailed tracking number once your order leaves the warehouse.
4. What's the status of my order?
You can check your order status by logging into "My Account". Below is a breakdown of the steps your order goes through while being processed.
Order Pending Processing: We have placed your order and your payment has been verified. We're scouring the order making sure we get you the right product, once we find it we will send the order to our warehouse for shipment. If you have any changes to make to your order, now is the time to do it.
Processing at Warehouse: We have sent your order to the warehouse where they are pulling your product from the shelves and loading on the transport to be at your door in no time. Any changes or cancellations at this stage need to be handled by a customer service rep. Find your rep
Shipped: That's correct, your order is on the road (or plane, or ship). Shipping information, including tracking numbers and shipping company, will be provided within 1-2 days.
Multiple Shipments: Unfortunately your order has been split into multiple shipments. Good news, we will make sure you have status updates for each shipment.
Many items placed on backorder are made to order or custom made for you. Sometimes the item was unexpectedly out of stock and we were not notified. If your item is backordered we will email you within 1-2 days with an estimated ship date. You can cancel your items at any time before they ship, but to reserve your product we have charged your account.
5. Where can I have my order shipped?
We ship anywhere within the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. If you have an APO/FPO/DPO* address, call us at 281-501-8330 to place and order and obtain a custom shipping quote. We’re currently unable to ship outside the United States and Canada.
We are unable to ship to a United States territory directly and to a PO-Box address. Please use a freight forwarder if that is the product’s end destination.
* Please note anything marked Freight (LTL) cannot be shipped to an APO/FPO/DPO or PO-Box address since LTL carriers cannot deliver to these addresses and the items are too large to be shipped via USPS/MPS.
6. I have an APO Address. How do I receive my shipment?
This address will go through either California, New York or Florida before it is transported to its rerouted location overseas.
Back to Top
7. Where can I find the manufacturer warranty info?
Each product sold by Build.com includes its full-factory manufacturer warranty, which can be found on the product page. If you have a warranty inquiry on an item you purchased from Build.com, we can provide additional information and contact the manufacturer directly.
8. My product is on back-order, what do I need to know?
Occasionally, an item is out of stock and is on back-order. If any part of your order is back-ordered, here's the scoop:
- Back-ordered items are charged in full at the point-of-sale, just like in-stock items. This is to reserve the item with the manufacturer or, in some cases, reserve an item that's made to order.
- Within 24 hours of the order placement, we'll notify you via email if items are back-ordered and the estimated shipping date.
- Prior to the shipping date, we will verify with the manufacturer or shipping warehouse that we are on track to ship. We'll notify you via email if there is a reason for additional delay.
- If back-ordered items are confirmed as not shipped, the order CAN BE cancelled. Items that have left the manufacturer or original storage facility CANNOT be cancelled.
- To cancel a back-ordered item, contact customer service and we'll do our best to halt shipment. We'll confirm your cancellation via phone or email, and credit or update your order.
9. Can I change my address after my order is placed?
Unfortunately, once you have placed your order we are not allowed to change the address. Once the order has been placed, we are no longer able to alter the shipping address due variances in state to state tax law. Please make sure that all of your shipping information is correct before placing your order.